Change of Address

Return to Sender

Have you received all your tax documents for 2015? Do you have a copy of your prior years’ return readily available? Is the address on these forms still correct? If you are applying for college financial aid, a loan for the purchase of a new business or applying for a mortgage, you may need a tax transcript. While you can still order your transcripts online, the IRS has put a temporary halt to the online viewing and printing of tax transcripts while they work to improve their identity protection security features. They ask that you allow a couple of weeks processing time for it to arrive in the mail. The address used on your prior year’s tax return will be used unless a Form 8822, Change of Address is submitted. Be sure to update your address prior to requesting a tax transcript and don’t forget to inform your accountant of any address changes when you file your current year tax return. For more information visit